A set of key research questions guide data extraction, collection, and analysis for ARISE. The main research question is: What are the drivers of RI system performance? Several sub-questions help break down the analysis into discrete components:
Changes in routine immunization system performance
- Did performance change over time (regionally, nationally, subnationally)?
- What is driving performance change: which drivers were successful in improving RI system performance?
- How do specific drivers affect RI systems?
- What changes took place in the RI system as performance improved?
- Who are the key stakeholders associated with the drivers?
Context and characteristics of the routine immunization system
- At the country level, what are the defining characteristics of the current RI system?
- How do specific contextual factors influence the effectiveness of the drivers of RI system performance?
Transforming drivers into investment options
- Which drivers present viable investment options?
- How can investments promote or establish drivers in other similar contexts?